- Home Page
- Training of Private Security
- Frequently Asked Questions
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You can reach frequently asked questions and answers about our policies and conditions for recruitment below
- I want to serve as a private security manager. Should I take a training that private security officers take? Or Is it necessary that I take a manager training?
It is necessary that a primary training has to be taken for both private security officer and private security manager. There is no different training program to be a private security officer.
- Can I take a private security certificate while working?
No, you cannot take it. It is impossible to work as a private security officer without having a private security officier card. To have this identity card, you primarily have to complete primary training of private security and are successful in the exam holding by General Directorate of Security and then receive a certificate. You who take Private Security Officier Identity Card by applying to Provincial Security Directorate/ Provincial Gendarme Command can work as a private security officier.
- I am 32 years old. Can I take private security training?
Yes, you can take the training. There is no top age limit to be a private security officier. It is necessary to be completed the age of 18 years for training of unarmed private security officier and the age of 21 years for training of armed private security officier.
- I graduated from primary school. Can I be a private security officier?
Unfortunately, you cannot be. It is necessary that you graduated from 8 years primary school to be an unarmed private security officier at least and graduated from 11 years high school to be an armed private security officier.
- Can I take an unarmed private security training certificate if I am not successful in practice exam after I took the armed training (gun information as wriiten and gunshot)?
Yes you can take it. Unarmed private security certificate is regulated if you take 60 points being a success criterion on the scale of 100-question part and you can have an unarmed private security officier card thanks to the certificate. For next exam, you can take an exam by being responsible for part you were unsuccessful in last exam and then it you are successful, you can use to have an armed private security certificate.
- How many exam right do I take?
Exam right 4 (four) times is given for persons completing private security training. In case that the person is not successful in 4 (four) times, the person’s exam right finishes but if the person demand, the person have to take the training.
- What will happen if I attend the exam after I completed private security training?
It is taken into account you used an exam right if you do not attend the exam.
- Where do I take private security exam?
It is taken into account you used an exam right if you do not attend the exam.You have to take private security exam in city you took your private security training.
- Will I pay a licence fee again to convert from my unarmed private security identity card to armed private security identity card?
No, you will not pay a licence fee. However, it is necessary that you take a medical report from public hospitals because your identity card will convert to armed private security officer identity card with an expression ‘you can be an armed private security officier and/or it is no objection that you carry and keep gun’.
- I am studying at high school and I am 19. Can I convert my identity card to armed private security identity card after I graduated from high school and I completed 21. by taking anarmed training?
Yes, you can convert. After you completed high school and the age of 21 years you attended 20 hours gun information and shooting drill, if you can be successful for only gun exam, you can convert your unarmed private security officier identity card to armed private security officier thanks to the certificate, which is given for armed private security officier, you will take.
- There is a sentence of condemnation was given about me. Is this situation a problem to be a private security officier?
If the sentence of condemnation was given about you is not a sentence of condemnation because crimes are in the law related to Private Security Service in accordance with the law no 5188, article 10, paragraph d , the situation will not constitute an impediment to be a private security officier. However, it is suitable to consult a lawyer.
- There is a platinum in my leg. Does the case prevent to be a private decurity officier?
The case is not an obstacle. It is necessary to be given a private security officier identity card that you take a medical committee report involving of examination of Eye, Ear-Nose-Throat, Neurology, Psychiatry with regard not having a health problem with an expression, which will be taken from a full fledged hospital, ‘ you can be an armed/unarmed private security officier.
- I have a partial colourblindness disease. Does the case constitute an impediment?
Colour blindness is not an obstacle to be private security officier. However, night blindness is an obstacle. You can take the training according to a report you will receive because it is necessary to receive a medical report before you start private security traning.
- Can I receive private security certificate without attending to courses?
No, you cannot receive without attending to the courses. There is an absence right at the rate of 10 % of total course hours. If you exceed the rate, you are dismissed from the course.
- How long is a medical report valid?
Validity period of a medical report is 1 (one) year as of this date given of issue.